The New Hampshire Scholars Breakfast of Champions celebrated more than 400 business volunteers and the NH Scholars Champion Award winners at the Manchester Country Club on December 4. Volunteering businesses partner with New Hampshire high schools to offer job shadowing, internships, and mentoring opportunities to foster student success and support college and career readiness.
Congratulations to the 2019 NH Scholars Champions Award Winners!
- Amy Bewley, Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Academy for Science & Design
- Chris Hodgdon, Vice President, Government Affairs, Comcast
- Desi Lanio, Manager, The 401 Tavern
- Eversource Energy
- Karmen Gifford, President, Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce
- Mark Lambert, Vice President, Customer Operations, Until
- Scott Prescott, Director of Instruction, Virtual Learning Academy Charter School
- Spencer Webb, President, Antennasys, Inc.
- Steve Scudder, retired attorney
Tracy Miller, Education Coordinator, Lakes Region Healthcare
Attendees were welcomed by Manchester Mayor Joyce Craig and Dr. Michele Perkins, President, New England College and Board Chair of NHCUC. They then heard from a panel of New Hampshire business and higher education leaders.
Panelists discussed emerging business needs, the knowledge and skills future graduates will need to meet business needs, and how to retain a vibrant workforce. Roundtable discussions following the panel invited attendees to share ideas, discuss opportunities, and deepen partnerships.
connect with us
Connect with NHCUC on Facebook and Twitter to learn about trends and action items relating to our work.